marct22 writes "According to Cnet News, the US Supreme Court refused to hear an appeal by a Tennessee programmer who was forced to pay extra taxes because he was telecommuting to a job in New York. Apparently he worked in NY 25% of the time, which he didn't argue about, but the other 75% of the time he worked from home in Tennessee, which doesn't have income taxes. Also, it appears that right now, for those of us who live in one state and telecommute in another may be doubly taxed if both have income tax. There is a Telecommuter Tax Fairness Act in the Senate, but it has not emerged from committee so has not been voted on."
DEAL: For $25 - Add A Second Phone Number To Your Smartphone for life! Use promo code SLASHDOT25. Also, Slashdot's Facebook page has a chat bot now. Message it for stories and more. Check out the new SourceForge HTML5 internet speed test! ×