Please create an account to participate in the Slashdot moderation system

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Google

Submission + - Google settles French newspaper links dispute (bbc.co.uk)

Flozzin writes: Google has agreed to create a 60m euro ($82m; £52m) fund to help French media organisations improve their internet operations.

It follows two months of negotiations after local news sites had demanded payment for the privilege of letting the search giant display their links.

The French government had threatened to tax the revenue Google made from posting ads alongside the results.

This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Google settles French newspaper links dispute

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...