Follow Slashdot stories on Twitter

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Google

Submission + - French court frowns on Google autocomplete, issues (arstechnica.com)

Lexx Greatrex writes: Google had been sued by insurance company Lyonnaise de Garantie, which was offended by search results including the word "escroc," meaning crook, according to a story posted Tuesday by the Courthouse News Service. "Google had argued that it was not liable since the word, added under Google Suggest, was the result of an automatic algorithm and did not come from human thought," the article states. "A Paris court ruled against Google, however, pointing out that the search engine ignored requests to remove the offending word... In addition to the fine, Google must also remove the term from searches associated with Lyonnaise de Garantie."
This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

French court frowns on Google autocomplete, issues

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...