Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Privacy

Submission + - New Bill pushes for warrants to access cloud data (scmagazine.com.au)

mask.of.sanity writes: A bill introduced by Sen. Patrick Leahy in the US Senate would require authorities to obtain a court-issued search warrant before retrieving a person's email and other content stored in cloud services.
The law would update a 28 year old law, which Leahy also introduced, that does not require warrants for data access.
The Bill will not prevent the FBI from accessing data without a warrant under terrorism and intellgence clauses.

This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

New Bill pushes for warrants to access cloud data

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...