Slashdot is powered by your submissions, so send in your scoop

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Books

Submission + - Why Beatrix Potter would love a digital reader (wordpress.com)

destinyland writes: In 1906, children's book author Beatrix Potter tried creating her own new, non-book format for delivering her famous fairy tales. "Intended for babies and tots, the story was originally published on a strip of paper that was folded into a wallet, closed with a flap, and tied with a ribbon." This article includes a link to actual images from one of Potter's strange wallet-sized stories — "The Story of A Fierce, Bad Rabbit" — plus an image showing you exactly what Beatrix Potter thought "a fierce, bad rabbit" would look like! Four different Beatrix Potter stories have already turned up in the top 20 of Amazon's list of best-selling (free) children's books, but one user complains that "Instead of including the illustrations (which the Kindle can handle beautifully), there's text, and then it'll say [illustration] [illustration]. Really awful. No wonder it's free..."
This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Why Beatrix Potter would love a digital reader

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...