Follow Slashdot stories on Twitter

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Cloud Bug Facebook Privacy Social Networks The Internet News Your Rights Online

Facebook Confirms New Cookie-Tracking Issue 85

An anonymous reader writes "Facebook is once again setting its datr cookie via the Like button and other social plugins on third-party websites. The datr cookie can be used for tracking users whether you are logged in or logged out of the service. Facebook has confirmed this is indeed a bug, but says that it is limited in scope and that it will be fixed today. Talk about damage control."
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Facebook Confirms New Cookie-Tracking Issue

Comments Filter:
  • Re:Adblock (Score:4, Informative)

    by _0xd0ad (1974778) on Wednesday October 05, 2011 @12:38PM (#37614698) Journal

    Here's my list.

    ||facebook.com^$third-party,domain=~facebook.net|~fbcdn.com|~fbcdn.net
    ||facebook.net^$third-party,domain=~facebook.com|~fbcdn.com|~fbcdn.net
    ||fbcdn.com^$third-party,domain=~facebook.com|~facebook.net|~fbcdn.net
    ||fbcdn.net^$third-party,domain=~facebook.com|~facebook.net|~fbcdn.com

    A few more domain exceptions on my home FF installation to permit certain Facebook Apps to work correctly.

  • Re:Adblock (Score:3, Informative)

    by Anonymous Coward on Wednesday October 05, 2011 @12:47PM (#37614832)

    ghostery... google it.

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...