Please create an account to participate in the Slashdot moderation system

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Patents United States Technology

Bush Signs Law Targeting P2P Pirates 727

BlakeCaldwell writes "CNet is reporting that President Bush signed into law the Family Entertainment and Copyright Act (previously-reported). A lawbreaker can land in jail for up to three years for distributing a single copy of a prerelease movie on the Internet. The MPAA's president Dan Glickman applauded the move, stating he wanted to 'thank the congressional sponsors of this legislation for their strong advocacy for intellectual property rights.'"
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Bush Signs Law Targeting P2P Pirates

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...